Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weigand
Professor of Inorganic Chemistry
- Metal complexes of selenolato ligands
- Synthesis and investigation of model compounds of the active site of [FeFe] -hydrogenases
- Anti-tumor platinum complexes
Publications (the 5 most important)
- J. Windhager, M. Rudolph, S. Bräutigam, H. Görls, W. Weigand, "Reactions of 1,2,4-trithiolane, 1,2,5-trithiepane, 1,2,5-trithiocane and 1,2,6-trithionane with nonacarbonyldiiron: Structural determination and electrochemical investigation", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2007, 2748-2760.
- J. Windhager, H. Görls, H. Petzold et al., "Reactions of 1,2,4-trithiolanes with nonacarbonyldiiron: Sulfurdithiolatodiiron and -tetrairon complexes as mimics for the active site of [Fe-only] hydrogenase", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2007, 4462-4471.
- U. P. Apfel, Y. Halpin, M. Gottschaldt et al., "Functionalized Sugars as Ligands towards Water-Soluble [Fe-only] Hydrogenase Models", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2008, 5112-5118.
- U. P. Apfel, M. Rudolph, C. Apfel et al., "Reaction of Fe3(CO)12 with octreotide-chemical, electrochemical and biological investigations", Dalton Trans. 2010, 3065-3071.
- M. Y. Darensbourg, W. Weigand, "Sulfoxygenation of Active Site Models of [NiFe] and [FeFe] Hydrogenases - A Commentary on Possible Chemical Models of Hydrogenase Enzyme Oxygen Sensitivity", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2011, 994-1004.